BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

His Legacy will Remain in our Hearts


Just this morning while I was waiting in my turn for my second job interview, I received a text from a friend saying that Ka Erdy had already passed away.. “pinagpahinga na ang Ka Erdy…” At first, I can’t believe it, I had asked it to several brethren in text. My mama replied saying “Aimee, oo.” My eyes suddenly got blurred, warning to drop a tear. But I manage to keep it from falling to become presentable in the interview. And I shall have positive thoughts. It’s God’s will. Just like mama said in text, “..magpakatatag ka, lahat ay dapat mangyari, malapit na talaga!” Malapit na ang wakas.

While I’m walking in the long way of Ortigas, in my mind the thought still insist in here. I shall continue the fight, the fight that Ka Felix, Ka Erdy, the INC admins and INC members is been fighting for: To spread His truth, to do His will, to bring His people to His Holy Land.

Isang malaking pagsubok sa Iglesia ang pagdadalamhati na ito. Dito muling masusubok ang katatagan ng bawat kapatid.

“Kahit Tagapamahala man ay pumanaw,

Sa piling natin Siya’y buhay,

pagkat ang Kaniyang kahalalan

Ay di mamamatay.

Hangad ng sugo at pamamahala ng Ama

Tayo’y muling magkita

Makasama sa bayan Niya

Walang maiiwan..”

When I reached home, I watched the live coverage in channel 7. I hate the way Mel Tiangco and Mike Enriquez address Ka Erdy as “Eranio”, “Manalo”. The reporters are more polite than them addressing Ka Erdy as “Ka Erdy” or “Bro. Eranio”, unlike the two impolite newscasters. What a shame! They never even send their condolence to the INC. Never! I’m not angry but I got irate. I feel pity for them. It wouldn’t do good for them.

After attending our panata this evening, and it’s the prayer in Ka Erdy’s death, for God to continually guide His administration and His people more today that the world is coming to it’s very near ending.

He had finished his race and he’s now in his long peaceful sleep, waiting for the day of our salvation. We will altogether see each other again when that day comes.

He’s now gone physically but still, like the song above, his legacy will forever be living in the heart of every Iglesia Ni Cristo members.

We shall strive harder and fight for God’s truth. As Bro. Erdy said in his texto that is also viewed in 95th Anniversary Special,

"Imisyon ninyo ang Iglesia, ke tanggapin nila, ke hindi,sabihin ninyo kung ano ang tunay na kaligtasan, sabihin ninyo kung ano talaga ang kaparaanan sa kaligtasan. Ang tunay na Iglesia Ni Cristo. Tanggapin nila't hindi, nakapagpatotoo kayo. Darating na si Cristo. "

These words strengthen my will to fight for God’s truth. I’ll tell my friends even they don’t believe. More important is I had told them the truth. The calling is from God. So I shall pray for them.

I’ll be finishing my race until the end.

0 comments: